BMW CS Concept
|Class||Full-size luxury car|
|Body style(s)||4-door coupe/saloon|
The BMW CS Concept was a concept car displayed by BMW in 2007 at several international motor shows and again in April 2008 at the New York International Auto Show. It is a fastback sedan that features many new innovations for BMW, such as door handles that only come out when sensors detect motion.
Gran Turismo and cancellation
Tom Purves, CEO of BMW America, stated that CS Concept could be produced, following positive initial comments in 2007 by BMW dealers. This was followed up in 2008 by an announcement by BMW that the concept goes into production in the form of the BMW Gran Turismo. BMW later cancelled in November 2008 because of financial reasons.
Design and Style
The Concept CS features future design cues on BMWs. From the front, there are big kidney grilles, which are intregated with the bumper. There are also turning indicators on the side. The headlights contain an "eyebrow". At the rear, the vehicle has talipipes intregated in the bumper, and rectangular tailpipes. These design cues can be found on the current 7 series (F01/02 platform).
- Bmw CS Concept
- [Photos added] BMW Concept CS
- "2010 BMW Gran Turismo - Car News". Car and Driver. Hachette Filipacchi Médias. June 2008. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/car_shopping/future_cars_2009_and_beyond/2010_bmw_gran_turismo_car_news. Retrieved on 2008-07-07.
- "Autocar - BMW Cancels CS". Autocar. Haymarket Consumer Media. November 5 2007. http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/BMW-Concepts/235806/. Retrieved on 2008-11-07.
- BMW Will Not Build Production Version of Concept CS'
- BMW decides not to build Concept CS
- REDIRECT Template:YouTube